A day out at the temples with our professional photographers will give you an insight into Angkor by one of the most experienced digital photographers in Cambodia. We have worked here running photo adventure tours since 2003 and will take you to some popular locations and many places away well away from the normal routes.
The primary focus is that of location, subject and composition which are in many ways more important that the equipment used. We are not technical photographers; so you will not be baffled with jargon.
You will learn about:
• Subject: what to include and things to avoid.
• Seeing: how to look into a subject and choose details. to make an interesting image.
• Composition: the rules and how to enhance a shot by framing and positioning of the subject.
• Backgrounds: the importance of what is behind the subject.
• Exposure control: how to use the camera to get the best out of the sometimes difficult light here in SE Asia. The use of a polarizing filter
• Lenses: using the best tool for the job.
• Focusing: the importance of depth of field and how to use it.
• Camera Controls: Mode dials, ISO Settings and white balance.
• Image Stabilization: What it does and its limitations.
• Tricks with tripods: the benefits of a solid support and ways of using it for composition and creative exposure control.
• Basic Editing: a brief introduction to photo editing. (optional)
• Analysis: looking at shots to see where they can be improved.
The day will start early to gain the best of the morning light. It is very flexible and informal tour. Its intended to be an introduction or revision to photo techniques you many have learned in the past.
The locations visited include: Angkor Thom , Bayon, Elephants & Leper King Terraces ; Banteay Kdei & Sra Srang Reservoir, Prasat Kravan, Preah Khan. Itinerary will depend on weather conditions and personal preferences. Some people have visited Angkor before; so we discuss locations before we start.
These are selected to give a balanced view of the temples to try out different photo techniques. This list is not set in stone, so we may visit different sites. We will have a long break at the middle to the day for lunch and an opportunity to review images. In the afternoon we continue our photography making the best of the afternoon light. We return to Siem Reap after sunset.
Kit list Recommendations
• Digital Camera – an SLR is best; but any camera can be used from point and shoot to advanced all in one cameras with built in zoom lens.
• Lenses -18mm wide angle to 200mm will be sufficient.
• Tripod*– lightweight will be OK – don’t forget your remote release if you have one
• Polarizing filter
• Flashgun – a pop up on camera flash will be OK
• Camera bag – water resistant for the rainy season
• Lens Cleaning kit – blower brush and lens tissues and fluid
• Batteries and Charger
• Memory Cards – and card reader or camera or USB cable
• Notebook Computer – not essential but worth bringing.
• A selection of your favourite photos. I can give an appraisal of your photography before we start.
If you do not have any of the above items like tripod; we can loan you one. If you use Nikon or Canon SLR camera we can loan you flash or lenses on the day without extra charge.
Price; from $185 for 1 personThese tours are fully customized to your requirements
In addition with the professional photographer, we can use one of our expert temple guides who will give historical background to the sites we visit. (Additional charge) Transport will be in a/c vehicle. Car, Minivan or 4Wd as appropriate.
Photo Days with Dave Dave will give you an insight into Angkor by one of the most experienced digital photographers in Cambodia. Dave has worked here running photo adventure tours since 2003 and will take you to some popular locations and many places away well away from the normal routes.
Photo Days with Elliot Elliot is a creative photographer, tour leader who will take you to exciting locations and will give you his insight into creative seeing and composition in an easy going way. He teaches creative confidence; so if you are a beginner you will get great benefit from his expertise.
With both of us; the primary focus is that of location, subject and composition which are in many ways more important that the equipment used; so you will not be baffled with jargon.
For the more experienced photographers - We will accompany you to some stunning locations well away from the main tourist crowds.
Peace of Angkor Tours has been operating photo and adventure tours in Cambodia and SE Asia since 2003. Our Comprehensive Peace Of Angkor Tours website gives general information, full tour details and reservation by credit card.