Please read these booking conditions carefully, they form an important part of the contract for your holiday.
All tours advertised in our brochures and on our website are operated by Peace Of Angkor Tours 435 St 20, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia. Ministry of Tourism License number 18309 (hereinafter called 'the Company' ‘üs’ or 'we)',
Tours are sold subject to the following conditions:
1. The Itineraries published in paper or on the internet, form part of our contract with the client.We will do everything possible to ensure that all the activities and tours shown on the itineraries are achieved. Weather conditions or other factors outside our control may affect our plans. The tour leader/guide will make any operational changes as required in the best interests of the group.
2. Scheduled and published tours are guided small group tours to a schedule arranged by us. The numbers of persons on tours are set out in the tour itinerary.
3. Private Group, Custom and Individual tours are guided tours arranged by us for individuals or groups, with a schedule and programme agreed by ourselves and the client. These tours are personal to the individual or group; so under normal circumstances transport or guide will not be shared.
4. Participation on tour - It is not strictly necessary for participants to go on all trips listed on the tour itinerary; however there cannot be any refund for any part of the tour not used.
5. Optional trips have an additional cost which is dependent on numbers in the group. Extra guiding and sightseeing outside of the tour will be at the client’s risk and expense.
6. Changes in itinerary of tours - In the event of not enough persons on the tour we will do everything possible to run the tour. All key elements of the tour will go ahead. There may be some changes in schedule or transport arrangements: i.e. car instead of Minibus, or tuk tuk instead of car. (See also 14.) If no mutually acceptable arrangement can be agreed, we will refund your payment in full without any further liability.
7. Admission fees that are specified in the main itinerary are included in the tour price. Any additional passes or fees will be specified in the itinerary.
8. Accommodation based at Siem Reap and other major towns will be in good quality hotels with comfortable, clean, air conditioned rooms and en suite western style WC's. If we do have to change our hotel or guest house, we will ensure that any alternative accommodation is of a similar or higher standard than specified.
9. Single supplements are optional and not normally charged provided the client is willing to share a room with a person of the same sex.
10. Other accommodations on our remote and multi-day tours are sometimes in basic guest houses or village houses with limited facilities. En-suite bathrooms or separate rooms are not always available in some of the most basic lodgings. We will specify the style of accommodation on the itinerary.
11. Food and drink on tours will be specified in the itinerary. A set breakfast at hotels and guest houses will be included on multi day tours. All other meals not specified on the itinerary and additional items will be at the expense of the client.
12. Additional accommodation prior to, or after the tour and late check outs, are subject to availability. Charges for late check outs are at the discretion of the hotel.
13. Minor changes in itinerary by the client - on Private Group, Custom and Individual tours can be allowed, provided there is no additional cost in transportation or admission fees etc. In the event of any additional charges; we will either request payment in cash immediately, or invoice at the end of the tour.
14. Public bus or boat travel as part of a personal tour may be shared with others where required as stated on the itinerary; or to allow a small group tour to go ahead if the numbers are below the required amount on the tour (see 6).
15. Additional surcharges - If thereare significant cost increases for fuel, food and accommodation etc, we may have to revise prices for tours booked in advance. This will be discussed with the lead booker. We will not increase prices for this reason, if tours are already paid for in full.
16. Payment for scheduled and published tours will be required in cash US$ before commencement of the tour. This can be done at our tour office in Siem Reap. We will request a deposit of 15% at the time of booking.
17. For private group, custom and individual tours, a minimum deposit of 15% is required. This may be increased if non-refundable elements such as flights or accommodation are necessary. The balance will be requested 8 weeks prior to commencement of the tour, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed in writing.
18. All transactions should be done by one person, (Lead Booker) on behalf of the entire group or organization. For multi-national bookings we will make special arrangements depending on size and geographical distribution of group.
19. A contract will exist between us and the Client or Lead Booker, from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or when we accept your payment or deposit. When you receive our emailed confirmation invoice, please check the details carefully. Names on travel documents where requested by us must exactly match those in your passports.
20. If we have to cancel a tour we will let you know immediately as a matter of priority. We will inform you within 48 hours after any external event that may cause a cancellation. If no mutually acceptable arrangement can be agreed, we will refund your payment in full without any further liability.
21. If you have to cancel the tour for reason beyond your control; we may under certain circumstances consider the refund all or part of your payments less our non refundable costs. This is at the discretion of management in exceptional circumstances only.
22. Health and Safety Whilst we will do all we can to ensure the safety of all clients; participants do so at their own risk. Cambodia is a Third World country. Road and other conditions are not like those in more developed countries.
23. Insurance It is a condition of accepting your booking that you agree you will have obtained adequate and valid travel insurance .Some areas we visit are remote and medical facilities are primitive or nonexistent. It is the responsibility of all clients to ensure that they are medically fit and are fully insured. We will ask for evidence of suitable insurance. Alternatively you will be required to sign a waiver absolving us of responsibility.
24. Mosquitoes Some parts of Cambodia have a risk of Malaria and or Dengue Fever; it is important to take anti mosquito precautions. This can be done by clothing, anti malarial and the use of repellents. Mosquito nets are provided
where required. You should take your own personal medical advice before travel
25. Termination We reserve the right to end the tour without compensation, for anyone whose behaviour compromises the safety of the group or acts in an illegal manner.
26. Personal data and banking details supplied to us will be used by us for all processing the booking only. Personal Data will used not be passed to any third parties who are not involved in your booking. Any image of you taken by us on any of our tours may be used by us without charge in all media for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind such as brochures, slides, video shows or the internet. Any written feedback or images supplied to us by you may also be used for promotional purposes as detailed above.
27. Privacy While our tours have emphasis on photography, certain establishments (schools and orphanages) that we visit have their own policy on photography and other matters of contact with children. This is in order to protect persons in their care. We will advise on policies where necessary prior to visiting.
28. Tips are always welcome from both guides and drivers. For general guidance $5 upwards per day (for guide to share with driver). is a minimum for individual tours. For group tours $2-$3 per person per day is reasonable.
29. Complaints - If you are not happy with any aspect of the tour; please let us know at the time any problem occurs. We will do everything possible to rectify.
Home | Tours | About us | Terms of Business | Privacy | Contact us | Site map
Peace of Angkor Tours is western owned and operating photo and adventure tours in Cambodia since 2003.
(c) 2010 All images are the property of Dave Perkes and Peace of Angkor Tours | Website created by Warren Garber
tours and vacations